The primary role of Project Manager is to lead multi-track projects internally for the agency, ensuring projects be set up and managed for operational success and stay on track, on time and on budget. You will be responsible for managing day-to-day project-related activities to support your assignments, including the creation and implementation of plans that strategically meet objectives, as well as resource management needed to accomplish project requirements. You will create scopes of work, estimates, timelines, tasks and other project-related communications, acting resourcefully and using effective systems. You will represent the agency throughout the execution stages of each project and lead internal teams to ensure deliverables are achieved with the highest standard of quality and strategic integrity.
Living the Culture and Exhibiting the Values:
- Exhibits integrity and high character, supporting the NK mission
- Serves others in pursuit of NK’s core values
- Promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Acts as NK ambassador dedicated to promoting NK services, vision, voice
- Builds strong relationships
- Supports and delivers against NK’s vision and business goals
- Communicates effectively with all groups of people
- Plans, organizes and executes work
- Leads team in a peer capacity to produce results
Thinking and Decision Making:
- Thinks strategically
- Proactively escalates and solves problems
- Understands the business
- Oversees and manages account leadership expectations at the project level and provides peer guidance to the core working team
- Serves as a subject matter expert in program and project operations to help develop effective roadmaps and project management systems
- Project manages and executes multi-channel, strategic and creative projects, working to ensure client marketing programs and communications are delivering the desired business results
- Assumes leadership in the review and evaluation of the quality of all strategic and creative deliverables at the critical stages of their development, in accordance with NK methodology
- Supports and follows scoping, budgeting, planning functions and SOPs, and participates in program/project milestone reviews
- Coordinates all aspects of the day-to-day project needs, including meeting setup, milestone reviews, recaps, tasking, and other necessary project management activities
- Routinely monitors, manages, and controls project budgets and performance metrics; analyzes variances and takes appropriate action to ensure budget is at or under plan
- Informs account-related financial management through scoping, proposal-building and billing functions
- Actively identifies opportunities for account growth and escalates to account managers and principals
- Inspires team to think with a customer-centric-first mindset, ensures each opportunity is evaluated to move the agency’s clients to intelligent and strategic integrated marketing and experience programs while ensuring that efforts deliver a positive client experience
- Mitigates risk and peer leads account and team-related conflict resolution
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Must have strong knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics for B2B and B2C target audiences
- Must have strong project management skills to oversee and coordinate projects with complex details
- Strong experience in digital marketing, web application processes (websites, banner ads, microsites, etc.), and printing processes
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity, referring to policies and SOPs, and can consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions, and to choose the most appropriate one
- Must have strong mathematical, analytical, and critical thinking skills to analyze and interpret data and financial information with ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to self-manage and self-direct work, goals, schedules, and priorities to manage one's own time and the time of others in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships
- Must be a team player, have collaborative work relationships
- Must have mathematical and analytical skills to created and execute project budgets
Tools and Technology
- Competent in using Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of basic graphic design software and core web technologies (e.g. CMS platforms) is beneficial
- Knowledge of web-based project management tools is beneficial
- Bachelor’s Degree – marketing, communications, business, or related.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in marketing-related project management.
- A thorough understanding and experience in planning and implementing B2B and B2C marketing efforts.
- Agency experience required.
NK is headquartered in Kalamazoo, MI, but we’re currently working hybrid with some permanently remote employees. Location is flexible.