Fact: The industry hasn’t seen a labeling change like this since 1999.
Fact: Manufacturers will need to use the new label by July 26, 2018.
Fact: NK will help you through this!
Wondering how the Nutrition Facts label change will affect you, and what to do first? Ever since FDA published the final ruling, NK has been preparing to help you through. Here’s our advice.
STEP 1: EDUCATE
While you can clearly see the Nutrition Label updates (above), experts are beginning to understand the hidden impacts of all new regulations:
- Serving Sizes
- Spacing Allotment (dual column format)
- Brand Repositioning
More than a facelift, the new label requires manufacturers to calculate and track additional nutritional data. This, in turn, can impact the product identity, allowable claims, packaging configuration, and overall market positioning.
Action 1: Categorize label impact (data and graphics) per SKU
STEP 2: PRIORITIZE
Plan conversion timelines now – so you can welcome the July 26, 2018 deadline with confidence.
- Some companies are targeting critical items first; others are beginning with the easiest (lowest impact) conversions
- Best practice is to coordinate label updates with other anticipated packaging changes
- Establish an efficient review process between regulatory, marketing, purchasing, and other impacted departments
Action 2: Schedule a conversion timeline per SKU
STEP 3: IMPLEMENT
When you’re ready to go, nothing should stop you!
NK partners with clients to expedite labeling updates with the most efficiency and accuracy.
We can help you better understand and implement:
- Scope of Impact (New Nutrition Facts Panel vs. Current)
- Data Needed vs. Actionable Updates
- Formatting Best Practices
- New Nutrient Claims Style Guide
- Additional Marketing Strategy to Maximize Brand Success
Action 3: Go with the right partner:
Connect with us today
NUTRITION CHANGE 2016 –
WE’RE READY WITH YOU.
Note: Newhall Klein does not represent the FDA. Please visit this site for more details on the new ruling.